Sunday, December 05, 2004

This weekend

....was a landmark one for me. I did more socializing than I usually do and had a wonderful time.
Friday was the Christmas party at the church I joined. We we asked to bring gifts for the Charlotte Battered Women's Shelter. I was glad to hear that this facility was chosen. It has long been a pet cause of mine and I've been supporting it privately for the past several years.
We had wonderful entertainment offered by the choir and some of the most delicious food. I invited my friend Addy who was glad to have a night out away from the kids.

Saturday, was the Holiday Gala at Discovery Place. This has been an ongoing tradition with my company for the past 7 years since they opened their doors in the Charlotte area. This year it was held at Discovery Place. They actually shut the whole place down and our employees and their families had the run of the place.
It was nice to see the children's eyes as they ran to and fro looking at all the wonders.
It was very crowded though, and we had so many new faces. It would have been nice to have had my family with me. I invited Addy and her youngest boy Aaron. They had a wonderful time. I think I'll have a small get together at the house over the holidays.


No comments: