Monday, December 28, 2009

Is 2009 Over Yet?

I have not written anything in awhile. As of this writing, my mother is in a nursing home because her dementia became too much for me to handle. But the trigger, the actual trigger was the death of my son, David.

I write the words, but I still can't believe it. David, my beautiful boy is dead. It's not a joke, it's not a dream, and I am not in an alternate universe. David is dead of a lack of oxygen to the brain precipitated by a cardiac infarction. He transitioned over to the next life on September 27, 2009. He was cremated on October 2, 2009. He was 28 years old. These are the facts; they are hard and ugly, but still the facts. I am frozen inside and at the same time,I am bleeding as though a huge chunk of has been ripped out of me.

The world has lost a bright soul and I have lost my child. I can't breathe.

No comments: